This unique training incorporates the principles of body and energy healing to create well-rounded teachers who are prepared to teach and heal anywhere in the world! This opportunity is also perfect for those that are not sure about teaching but want to expand their understanding of yoga and various therapeutic mediums while deepening their own personal practice. Located in beautiful Costa Rica, 15 minutes from Dominical in the gorgeous one of a kind eco boutique and holistic wellness center, Casa Nautika, designed to create a life-changing, transformational experience.
Transformational Yoga is offering two options for August, 2020:
200 hours for those who have not yet completed a teacher training
300 hours of advanced training for those that have already completed a 200 hour course approved by Yoga Alliance (Priority will be given to Transformational Yoga graduates)
Yoga modules will include:
- Asana practice and understanding of each posture (benefits, contraindications, modifications, cueing, and alignment/adjustments) using Hatha, Vinyasa, and Iyengar principles. We will also explore Kundalini, Ashtanga, Restorative, Acro, Kids’ and Prenatal Yoga. Teaching practice in small groups from DAY 1.
- 300 hour trainees will explore advanced asanas and sequencing and will teach the morning practice from DAY 2.
- Meditation techniques (Transcendental, Ho'oponopono, OSHO, mindfulness, etc.)
- Philosophy using the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and the Hatha Yoga Pradipika (Advanced Training)
- Anatomy of Asanas: Study the body systems and how they relate to movement. Learn about fascia (connective tissue) and its role in asana practice. Advanced trainees will explore in depth the Endocrine and Nervous system to further understand Anatomy and Physiology and how it relates to Yoga asanas.
- Sequencing, Class and Workshop Planning: Learn the art of sequencing 60 and 90-minute Hatha and Vinyasa classes. Also learn to plan a two-hour workshop. Advanced trainees will create a thesis based on one principle of their choice and present it as a two hour workshop to the group as part of their practical exam.
- Learn the Linguistics of Yoga Teaching - Positive vs. negative speech, triggering language, semantics and syntax.
- Combining Yoga with other styles of body movement (dance, martial arts): Expand your repertoire as a teacher, bring creative movement into your teaching, and encourage your students to explore new forms of movement.
- The Business of Yoga: Learn the ins and outs of building a yoga teaching business, while also discussing ethical business practices. Learn how to create a social media presence to increase your tribe and revenue.
Natural Healing modules include:
- Acupressure: Learn traditional Chinese Medicine bodywork technique using the application of pressure (with the thumbs, elbow, or fingertips) to the same specific points on the body that are stimulated in acupuncture treatments.
- Marma Point Therapy: Marma points are junction on the body where two or more types of tissue meet, such as muscles, veins, ligaments, bones or joints. Marma points are much more than a connection of tissue and fluids, they are points of the vital life force (prana). Learn to use marma point therapy through massage techniques and partner work.
- Aromatherapy & Bach Floral Therapy: Aromatherapy is a holistic healing treatment that uses natural plant extracts to promote health and well-being. Sometimes called essential oil therapy. Aromatherapy uses aromatic essential oils medicinally to improve the health of the body, mind, and spirit. It enhances both physical and emotional health. Bach flower remedies are an alternative or complementary treatment that is used for emotional problems and pain. They're made from watered-down extracts from the flowers of wild plants. Learn the use of essential oils, as well as Bach Florals to deepen relaxation and relieve stress.
- Ayurveda: Ayurveda means “The Science of Life.” Ayurvedic knowledge originated in India more than 5,000 years ago and is often called the “Mother of All Healing.” It stems from the ancient Vedic culture and was taught for many thousands of years in an oral tradition from accomplished masters to their disciples. This knowledge can be applied to everyday life, but trainees will also learn how to incorporate the principles into their teaching/healing of others.
- Naturopathy: Based upon the premise that Nature will, given the right conditions, cure all illness. It is a system of natural medicine which focuses on the importance of our lifestyle: fresh air, exercise, sunshine, wholesome diet, pure water, healthy environment, rest and emotional balance. Learn to use Naturopathy in your personal life, as well as how to incorporate these lessons into your teaching practice.
- Circadian Rhythm Therapy: Used to correct sleep disorders and relieve stress by observing the nature that surrounds us, Circadian Rhythm Therapy can be used to create new, healthy habits. Discover the benefits of a more natural way of life and learn how to share this knowledge with others.
- Plant Medicine (Herbalism and beyond): A medicinal plant is a plant that is used with the intention of maintaining health, to be administered for a specific condition, or both, whether in modern or in traditional medicine. During the training, we will discuss the use of traditional medicinal plants and roots such as garlic, cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, black pepper, lavender, chamomile, oregano, and cacao. Learn how to use these gifts of nature to heal and nurture naturally. Experience the magic of Cacao through ceremony and learn to guide others through a deep meditation using this beautiful plant.
Energy Healing modules include:
- Reiki: Reiki is an energy healing practice that is usually done by placing the hands in a series of positions over or slightly above the body. Reiki promotes healing by activating the relaxation response and helping the body to balance itself from a very deep level.
- Chakras: The word “chakra” from Sanskrit translates to “wheel” or “disk,” but references a spiritual energy center within the human body. Within these chakras is 'prana,' or the ultimate pure, universal healing energy, that is all around us and within us, to keep us healthy, happy and vibrant. Learn the art of Chakra Energy Healing to help others.
- Shadow Work: The shadow, according to Swiss psychiatrist Carl Jung, consists of the parts of ourselves we choose to repress or hide that we don’t like. We do that by pushing them down into our unconsciousness during childhood.
Many negative issues that affect your life can result by keeping your shadow hidden and locked away.
These can include:
- Journaling: In collaboration with Shadow work, journaling your emotions and new discoveries as you experience them – stream-of-consciousness writing – gives you an unfiltered window into yourself. Writing your insights and reviewing them later helps encode the discovery into your awareness. Yoga training is a deep exploration into higher consciousness. Journaling is a way to trace this journey.
6:30 am Meditation and Pranayama Practice
7:30 am Asana Practice
9:00 am Breakfast
10:00 am Philosophy Lecture and Discussion
11:30 am Teaching Practice
12:30 pm Lunch
2:00 pm Natural healing techniques lecture and practice
3:30 pm Anatomy lecture and discussion
5:00 pm Energy healing techniques lecture and practice
6:00 pm Asana Laboratory
7:30 pm Dinner
10:00 pm Bedtime
- 3300 euros for an all-inclusive experience
(accommodations, vegetarian meals, transport from airport, training manuals)
- Not included: Flights, extra excursions
- Early Bird Offer: 3000 euros, if registered before January 31st, 2020
- A 500 euro non-refundable deposit is due at time of registration, the final balance must be paid 60 days before the starting date of the training.
- Our training groups are very small (12 people max.) therefore, it is best to register early to secure your spot.
Ready to register? Any questions?
Please contact Gillian:
06 88 00 88 64 (In France)
+33688008864 (Internationally, on WhatsApp)